Today’s announcements are a slight rejig rather than a wholesale reshuffle. Below is a summary of key changes:
- Wade Noonan has left the Police and Corrections portfolio, taking on Industry, Employment and Resources.
- Former Environment Minister Lisa Neville retains the Water portfolio, but will now also be Minister for Police.
- Skills and Training Minister Steve Herbert adds Corrections to his list of responsibilities.
- Lily D’Ambrosio has kept Energy and will now also take on responsibility for Environment, Climate Change and the new portfolio of Suburban Development.
- Jacinta Allan will complement her responsibilities in Public Transport with the Major Projects portfolio.
This is the Andrews Government’s second reshuffle since the 2014 election. They will be planning to keep the same team for the next two years to be in the best position for the next Victorian Election in November 2018.
Opposition Leader Matthew Guy’s team remains unchanged.
For more information or advice please contact the CPR team:
Director, Government Relations (Federal)
+61 402 916 952
+61 400 148 534